Monday 28 March 2011

Results conducted from my first experiment !

The results collected from this experiment were as follows :

Normal Water : It took 1 minute and 40 seconds for the tablet to dissolve

Cold Water : It took 2 minutes for the tablet to dissolve

Hot/Boiling Water : It took 42 seconds for the tablet to dissolve


From this experiment it was clearly evident that the Panadol tablet dissolved the fastest in the hot water.
After viewing my results i came to accept my hypothesis as i predicted that the Panadol tablet would dissolve the fastest in the hot water , and so it did. However , i cannot base my whole experiment on these results therefore i must repeat this experiment two more times in order to ensure my results are reliable. I kind of had an assumption as to what the results of the next repeated experiment would be , i was sure that the hot water would still be the fastest in dissolving the water , followed by cold water and finally normal water would be the slowest to dissolve the Panadol tablet.
I guess i'll just have to wait and see until i complete my next experiment!
stay tuned  :)


Table of my results :




 Condition of Water
Reaction time (S) 
Trial 1
Normal Water ( Room temperature water )
100 seconds to dissolve
Cold Water ( Iced Water )
120 seconds to dissolve
Hot Water ( Boiling Water )
42 seconds to dissolve
 

Although i have previously stated that i would be using a line graph , i have changed my mind as i find that a column graph would be easier for this section.








No comments:

Post a Comment