Thursday 17 March 2011

Week 3 : Progress Report

During this week  i have exceeded my expectations and successfully designed my experiment !
I have also identified and taken into consideration all the major factors that i will be working with during this experiment , these factors include collecting all my resources ( equipment ) , determining the constants, as well as the independent and dependent variables. I still have a far way to go before planning my results , however i have also have thought of the way i will be structuring all my results .

Design / Layout :


Incorporated in my experiment my main goal is to determine whether the different conditions of water ( temperature ) affect the solubility of the Panadol Rapid Soluble tablets.

I plan to conduct this experiment in the living room as i know the best lighting is there, thus i will be able to capture in good condition the results of my experiment on my camera.
This experiment that i will be conducting involves determining whether the different conditions of water affect the solubility of the Panadol Rapid Soluble tablets , so ultimately what this means is i will need to collect at least nine of these tablets in order to start my experiment.
My first step will be gathering all my equipment , so firstly i will father the plastic cups. I have decided to start with the '' Normal Water '' first followed by the ''Cold Water'' and then finally the ''hot water''.
There will be three plastic cups containing three different conditions of water the first being normal water , cold water and then hot water.
After i have obtained all the plastics cups filled with water i will record myself dropping the tablet into ONE  cups i will also have a stopwatch to record the time it takes to dissolve. I will repeat this with the two other water conditions ( i.e. hot and cold ).
I must also repeat this experiment two more times , so i will have done this experiment three times in total in order to maintain reliability and validity throughout my whole experiment.
Finally i will compare and contrast my results , after putting them into tables and graphs in order for me to have a clearer understanding of the layout of my results hence assisting me when i write up my conclusion.







No comments:

Post a Comment